Hello, we are Runecast
We are looking for an outstanding Azure Cloud Security Engineer to be based remotely, from the Czech Republic or across EMEA to join our team.
Runecast is a team of entrepreneur-minded professionals who represent over 20 countries. Most of us are working from home or our Brno R&D HQ in the Czech Republic and our skills have convinced companies like Avast, DocuSign, the German Aerospace Center (DLR) and many other big players to choose our award-winning solution to protect their data centers.
About the job
As a Azure Cloud Security Engineer you will be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team that is responsible for the research, development, and maintenance of security compliance and vulnerability rules and signatures for Runecast Platform. The role involves tracking capabilities of new and existing public cloud services and understanding how they can be exploited, and mapping industry-standard compliance standards onto public cloud infrastructure, to provide customers insight into cloud hygiene and compliance.
In this team you will be mainly responsible for public cloud platforms, but you will have exposure and opportunities to work on other technologies: Kubernetes, VMware, Windows, Linux.
What you’ll do
- Research and Develop signatures to identify non-compliant configuration settings in the area of public cloud services, covering the requirements of regulatory compliance profiles such as CIS, PCI-DSS, NIST and newly reported vulnerabilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal core engineering and development teams to leverage SDKs and APIs in order to interact with the public cloud services.
- Maintain the development and test infrastructure and quickly set up new disposable environments for testing and development.
- Participate in technical support cases for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation.
- For the most critical vulnerabilities and exploits, help prepare knowledgebase articles or blog posts detailing the findings and impact.
What You’ll Need
- Research mindset, with a hold on where to look for relevant information about threats, vulnerabilities and security compliance requirements.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Good knowledge and understanding of main Azure cloud services(AKS, App Services, Azure AD, Key Vault, Network Security, SQL Server, Storage Account, Virtual Machine)
- Experience with the operations of large Azure cloud production environments.
- Proficient in powershell and comfortable using APIs.
- Working experience on UNIX/Linux, other public clouds (AWS, GCP), Kubernetes.
- Worked in a relevant position of IT security risk/vulnerability management;
- Familiarity with common compliance standards, such as CIS Benchmarks, PCI-DSS and HIPAA.
What we offer:
Enough of requirements! At Runecast, you can enjoy:
- Join us in our Brno office or work from home. We have an office in Brno, although many of us are working from home at the moment. We also have people working remotely from all over the world.
- Friendly people and great co-founders. People are often mentioned as one of the reasons why we love working at Runecast. Everyone is very friendly, and there is nothing easier than getting in touch with one of the co-founders, as they work among us.
- International team. We are a truly international team.Our HQ is in London, but our Operations HQ is Brno - and many of us are working remotely around the world.
- Being part of a growing company, where things feel like a startup. We are not big on a ten-step process just to get approval for one tiny change. We are all working together and we value input from everyone.
- Flexible working hours. We don’t care about clocking in and out at specific times. Some of us prefer to work early in the morning, others start later in the day.
- Paid therapy sessions. Mental health is paramount. Speak to a therapist whenever you need to, Runecast will contribute financially to the sessions.
- Further education and certifications. We'll pay for certifications and courses that will help you to get better.
We encourage you to apply:
Runecast is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic.