Hello, we are Runecast
Our Runecast Analyzer is used for mission-critical IT operations from deep sea to space. It catches configuration or security compliance errors in virtualized data centers before they lead to service disruptions or breaches. We are also performing Data Science research on ML and NLP for context-based free text processing to make this process even smarter.
We’re a team of entrepreneur-minded professionals from more than 15 countries – but united, with most of us in our largest operations center in Brno, Czech Republic. Our skills have convinced companies like Verizon, Scania, Fujisoft, the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Erste Bank, Avast, University of St Andrews and many other enterprises (and SMBs) to trust our solution to protect their data centers.
We are looking for a Junior Tester to join our team! We are a small company with a flat hierarchy, so everyone has direct access to the CTO, CEO, and other company founders. We work in Self organised, agile teams where everyone can share ideas and influence how things get done. Our team consists of Java developers, QA specialists, virtualizations experts, AI scientists, UI engineers, and UX designers.
As a Junior QA Tester, you will be a part of a growing startup developing smart IT solutions. You will join our team in Brno and cooperate with your colleagues on enhancing our product. You will make sure that we embed the quality in new features from the early stages of design, through the implementation up to final acceptance. We will count on your testing skills and your eye for detail.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Discover defects, missed requirements and potential usability problems in new features of complex web applications.
- Define and execute test scenarios.
- Directly collaborate with the whole scrum team: inform the team about discovered issues and drive their resolution.
- Triage with the QA team automated test results during the application release.
Your skills and experience:
- Demonstrated interest in the IT world, such as an IT student, recent graduate or a participant in QA/IT courses.
- A basic understanding of software testing.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and take responsibility.
- Thinking out of the box and helping to solve errors.
- Upper-intermediate command of English.
- Nice to have: Any prior experience as a tester and/or working in a Scrum environment. Experience with tools like Chrome DevTools or Postman.
Enough of requirements, here's what you can enjoy at Runecast:
- Join us in our Brno office or work from home. We do have an office in Brno, although many of us are working from home at the moment. We also have people working remotely from all over the world.
- Friendly people and great co-founders. People are often mentioned as one of the reasons why we love working at Runecast. Everyone is very friendly, and there is nothing easier than getting in touch with one of the co-founders, as they work among us.
- International team. We are a truly international team. We have our main office in Brno, where you will meet with people from nine different countries. Many people are also distributed over several European countries – from Bulgaria to the UK. Furthermore, we have people working with us from the USA and APAC region, where we are also growing.
- Being part of a growing company, where things feel like a startup. We are not big on a ten-step process just to get approval for one tiny change. We are all working together and we value input from everyone.
- Flexible working hours. We don’t care about clocking in and out at specific times. Some of us prefer to work early in the morning, others start later in the day.
- Paid therapy sessions. Mental health is paramount. Speak to a therapist whenever you need to, Runecast will contribute to the sessions.
- Further education and certifications. We'll pay for certifications and courses that will help you to get better.
We encourage you to apply:
Runecast is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic