Hello, we are Runecast.
Our Runecast Analyzer is used for protecting mission-critical IT from deep sea to space. It detects and remediates security compliance gaps and vulnerabilities in hybrid cloud environments before they lead to service disruptions or breaches. We are also performing Data Science research on ML and NLP for context-based free text processing to make this process even smarter.
We are a team of entrepreneur-minded professionals from more than 20 countries – but united, with most of us in our largest operations center in Brno, Czech Republic. Our innovative solution is trusted by organizations like Merck, Notino, DocuSign, German Aerospace Center (DLR), Erste Bank, Avast, and many others to protect their cloud-native and traditional applications.
You will have the opportunity to:
At Runecast we strive to create a fantastic experience for our people, so they are looking forward to the challenges of each day, and they stay with Runecast because they feel secure, listened to, happy and fulfilled. You will be working on projects that will help to enhance this experience. To achieve this, you will have the full support of Míša, the People Ops Lead, and the recruitment team who are bringing amazing people to Runecast every day.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Constantly improve the Runecast experience. We have ambitious plans to scale, and we are working on improving each part of the employee experience constantly. You will be able to take full ownership of some of the areas.
- Stay on top of paperwork and compliance. You will be fully responsible for ensuring all employees have an up-to-date signed contract and any other relevant paperwork. You will be responsible for preparing new contracts, making changes and filing them correctly.
- Execute and improve onboarding procedures. Joining a new company is stressful enough, and we want to make sure that we provide a seamless and welcoming experience to all new Runecasters.
- Support employees at all stages. You will become the first point of contact for Runecasters and any questions they may have. This may range from how to submit their expenses or details about their contract. You will also maintain our internal employee handbook on Confluence.
- Become a pro user of our HRIS - hibob. You will be responsible for maintaining our HRIS and improving how we use it. It may vary from helping employee correct their holiday request to creating various reports.
- Cooperate on People Ops projects and initiatives. We have multiple projects running at any time. You may find yourself cooperating on any part of the employee experience, researching new tools, or reviewing our current practices.
Who are we looking for?
- Based in Brno, fluent in English and Czech. Runecasters are spread across 20 countries with the main hub in Brno. We believe that the right person is based in or around Brno to be able to fully integrate into the People Ops team. We don’t require a daily presence in the office.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience in HR/People Ops role. We don’t think extensive experience is necessary, but it would be good to have at least some exposure to HR practices. It may also be during school or at other projects.
- Systematic approach and diligence. In order to keep delivering a great experience to all Runecast employees, we need someone who has attention to detail. While we understand that mistakes happen, we don’t like sending incomplete contracts for signatures or having to scramble through piles of documents to find a specific one.
- Solving challenges that come your way. You should be comfortable with switching contexts often. You may plan your day to work on a certain topic, but an email may change all your priorities. At the same time, you should be able to prioritize reaching the company and department OKR goals.
- Desire to learn. You will thrive at Runecast if you want to learn and if you don’t say no to the unknown.
What we offer:
- Join us in our Brno office and work from home. We expect the person to be based in our around Brno, but daily presence in the office is not required.
- Friendly people and great co-founders. People are often mentioned as one of the reasons why we love working at Runecast. Everyone is very friendly, and there is nothing easier than getting in touch with one of the co-founders, as they work among us.
- International team. We are a truly international team. We have our main office in Brno, where you will meet with people from nine different countries. Many people are also distributed over several European countries – from Bulgaria to the UK. Furthermore, we have people working with us from the USA and APAC region, where we are also growing.
- Being part of a growing company, where things feel like a startup. You will have the opportunity to be one of the first team members of the People Ops team at Runecast, and you have all the possibilities to shape the employee experience. You will get support from co-founders and everyone else.
- Flexible working hours. We don’t care about clocking in and out at specific times. Some of us prefer to work early in the morning, others start later in the day.
- Paid therapy sessions. Mental health is paramount. Speak to a therapist whenever you need to, Runecast will contribute to the sessions.
- Monthly contributions towards flexible health benefits. Health is important and Runecast provides all employees with a monthly allowance to spend on health benefits of their choice.
- Further education and certifications. We'll pay for certifications and courses that will help you to get better.
We encourage you to apply:
Runecast is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic.