Hello, we are Runecast.
Our Runecast Analyzer is used for mission-critical IT operations from deep sea to space. It catches configuration or security compliance errors in virtualized data centers before they lead to service disruptions or breaches. We are also performing Data Science research on ML and NLP for context-based free text processing to make this process even smarter.
We’re a team of entrepreneur-minded professionals from more than 15 countries – but united, with most of us in our largest operations center in Brno, Czech Republic. Our skills have convinced companies like Verizon, Scania, Fujisoft, the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Erste Bank, Avast, University of St Andrews and many other enterprises (and SMBs) to trust our solution to protect their data centers.
We are looking for a Product Owner to join our Product Management team
We are a small company with a flat hierarchy, so everyone has direct access to the CTO, CEO, and other company founders. We work in self-organised, agile teams where everyone can share ideas and influence how things get done. Our team consists of trailblazers from a variety of industry backgrounds, who love to ‘growth hack’ new ideas and try to balance both data and experience to ‘cut through the noise’ and spread the word about Runecast.
Runecast is looking for a Product Owner to help organize, prioritize and assess work for our scrum teams.
The Product Owners responsibilities include gathering feature requests, scheduling releases and managing our product backlog. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
Ultimately, you’ll help us roll-out products that deliver our company’s vision and great value to our customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Write acceptance tests
- Plan releases and upgrades
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- Analyze preferences and requests of end users
- Keep track of industry trends
Your skills and experience:
- Work experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management
- Familiarity with agile
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development for Security or Monitoring software is a plus
- Technical knowledge of VMware, HyperV is a plus
- Team spirit and good communication abilities
- Good organizational skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
What we offer:
Enough of requirements! At Runecast, you can enjoy:
- Friendly people and great co-founders. People are often mentioned as one of the reasons why we love working at Runecast. Everyone is very friendly, and there is nothing easier than getting in touch with one of the co-founders, as they work among us.
- International team. We are a truly international team. We have our main office in Brno, where you will meet with people from nine different countries. Many people are also distributed over several European countries – from Bulgaria to the UK. Furthermore, we have people working with us from the USA and APAC region, where we are also growing.
- Being part of a growing company, where things feel like a startup. We are not big on a ten-step process just to get approval for one tiny change. We are all working together and we value input from everyone.
- Flexible working hours. We don’t care about clocking in and out at specific times. Some of us prefer to work early in the morning, others start later in the day.
- Join us in our Brno office or work from home. We do have an office in Brno, although many of us are working from home at the moment. We also have people working remotely from all over the world.
- Paid therapy sessions. Mental health is paramount. Speak to a therapist whenever you need to, Runecast will contribute to the sessions.
- Further education and certifications. We'll pay for certifications and courses that will help you to get better.
We encourage you to apply:
Runecast is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic.