Hello, we are Runecast
We are looking for an outstanding Windows Security Engineer to join us either in our office in Brno, remotely across the Czech Republic or across Europe.
We’re a team of entrepreneur-minded professionals and we represent over 20 countries by home base, nationality or other origins. Most of us are working from home or our Brno HQ in the Czech Republic and Our skills have convinced companies like Avast, DocuSign, Fujisoft, Erste Bank and many other big players to choose our award-winning solution to protect their data centers
As an outstanding Windows Engineer, you will be a part of a growing start-up developing smart IT solutions.
About the job
As a Windows Engineer you will be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team that is responsible for the research, development, and maintenance of security compliance and vulnerability rules and signatures for Runecast Analyzer.
In this team you will be mainly responsible for Microsoft Windows, but you will have exposure and opportunities to work on numerous other technologies: AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, VMware, Linux.
What you’ll do
- Research and Develop signatures to identify non-compliant OS security settings in the area of Microsoft Windows OS (Server and Desktop) , covering the requirements of regulatory compliance profiles such as CIS, PCI-DSS, NIST, etc and reported vulnerabilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal core engineering and development teams to leverage SDKs and APIs in order to interact with the Microsoft Windows end-points.
- Maintain the development and test infrastructure and quickly set up new disposable environments for testing and development.
- Participate in technical support cases for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation.
- For the most critical vulnerabilities and exploits, help prepare knowledgebase articles or blog posts detailing the findings and impact.
What You’ll Need
- Research mindset, with a hold on where to look for relevant information about threats, vulnerabilities and security compliance requirements.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Experience with the operations of large Windows Server production environments.
- Experience with Hyper-V and Failover Clustering
- Windows system administration experience including system configuration and in-depth under the hood working of: Local security Policy, Domain Security Policy, WMI, GPO, User Account Control, User Rights, Account policy, Audit policy, Event Log, Windows Firewall, Updates and various security Options.
- Proficient in PowerShell scripting language.
- Working experience on UNIX/Linux, VMware, Kubernetes, Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Worked in a relevant position of IT security risk/vulnerability management;
- Familiarity with common compliance standards, such as CIS Benchmarks, PCI-DSS and HIPAA.
What we offer:
Enough of requirements! At Runecast, you can enjoy:
- Join us in our Brno office or work from home - We have an office in Brno, although many of us are working from home at the moment. We also have people working remotely from all over the world.
- Friendly people and great co-founders - People are often mentioned as one of the reasons why we love working at Runecast. Everyone is very friendly, and there is nothing easier than getting in touch with one of the co-founders, as they work among us.
- We are a truly international team - Our HQ is in London, but our Operations HQ is Brno - and many of us are working remotely around the world. Many people are also distributed over several European countries - from Bulgaria to the UK. Furthermore, we have people working with us from the USA and APAC region, where we are also growing.
- Being part of a growing company, where things feel like a start-up - We are not big on a ten-step process just to get approval for one tiny change. We are all working together and we value input from everyone.
- Flexible working hours - We don’t care about clocking in and out at specific times. Some of us prefer to work early in the morning, others start later in the day.
- Paid therapy sessions - Mental health is paramount. Speak to a therapist whenever you need to, Runecast will contribute to the sessions.
- Monthly Contributions towards Health Benefits - Health is important and Runecast provides all employees with a monthly allowance to spend on health benefits.
- Further education and certifications - We'll cover the cost so we can help you enhance your career and skills here at Runecast.
We encourage you to apply:
Runecast is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic.